Texakoma Group1 is a family-owned and operated company based in Plano, Texas with over 32 years in the industry.
- Texakoma’s N. McMordie 125-2 production exceeds 500,000 BBL and 2 BCF
The N. McMordie 125-2 well was drilled in Roberts County, Texas and achieved this cumulative production in 2018.
- 35th Anniversary
- Texakoma's N. McMordie 125-2 production exceeds 400,000 barrels of oil
The N. McMordie 125-2 well was drilled in Roberts County, Texas and achieved this cumulative production in January of 2017.
- Texakoma's Granite Wash and Cleveland development surpasses three million barrels of oil and 19 billion cubic feet of gas
These developments have wells in Roberts and Lipscomb Counties, Texas and Ellis County, OK and achieved this cumulative production late 2016.
- Texakoma's Crosby 8-3 production exceeds 400,000 barrels of oil
The Crosby 8-3 well was drilled in Roberts County, Texas and achieved this cumulative production in December of 2016.
- Texakoma produces its two millionth barrel of oil in the McMordie Ranch area
Texakoma has been operating in Roberts County since 2005. (Source: Texas Railroad Commission)
- Texakoma drills its 55th Roberts County well
Texakoma began drilling its 55th Roberts County well, the N. McMordie 124-5 in December of 2014, which reached a vertical depth of 9,950 feet.
- Texakoma produces its one millionth barrel of oil in the McMordie Ranch area
Wells operated by Texakoma reach a cumulative production of over one million barrels. (Source: Texas Railroad Commission)
- #1 oil producer in Roberts County, TX
In 2012 and 2013, Texakoma Operating, L.P. and Texakoma Exploration and Production, LLC collectively ranks as the #1 oil producer in Roberts County, TX. (Source: Texas Railroad Commission)
- Texakoma sells leasehold position to Chesapeake Energy Corporation
Texakoma Operating, LP sells its undeveloped leasehold position (~9,600 gross acres and ~4,700 net acres) in the emerging Tonkawa horizontal play in Roger Mills & Ellis Counties, Oklahoma to Chesapeake Energy Corporation for cash consideration and an overriding royalty interest. Since 2010, over 27 productive horizontal Tonkawa wells have been drilled on the leasehold.
- Texakoma drills horizontal wells in Cleveland sand
Texakoma completes two horizontal wells right outside of Higgins, Texas within Lipscomb County. To view an article covering Texakoma's activity, click here.
- Texakoma begins drilling throughout Matagorda and Brazoria Counties
In April of 2007, Texakoma began drilling throughout Matagorda and Brazoria Counties in Texas and conducts a 3-D seismic shoot of approximately 25 square miles. The company is still active in the area.
- Texakoma Operating, LP (“TOLP”)
TOLP was formed in 2005 and is currently the Operator of Record of over 125 wells across the United States (TRRC Operator #844190). TOLP participates as an industry partner on oil and gas projects in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Drilling focused on McMordie Ranch in Roberts County, TX
July of 2005 marked the beginning of a drilling focus on the McMordie Ranch in Roberts County, TX for Granite Wash wells and is still a current focus for the company.
- Texakoma Oil and Gas Corporation sold to POGO Producing
Texakoma Oil and Gas Corporation was a major part of a two-part San Juan Basin acquisition by POGO Producing. To read the article click here.
- Texakoma Exploration & Production, LLC (“TEPL”)
TEPL was formed in 2004 as a successor company to TOGC to engage in the exploration, operation, development and production of oil and gas prospects across the United States. TEPL is currently the Operator of Record of over 30 wells in Texas, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania (TRRC Operator #844133) and continues to serve as the issuer/sponsor of oil and gas working interest drilling programs offered to qualified individuals and entities through its affiliated broker-dealer, Texakoma Financial, Inc.
- Texakoma ranked among the top gas producers in New Mexico
- Texakoma becomes the 11th largest producer of Coal Bed Methane in New Mexico
Based on production data provided by the IHS Energy Group Production Report, Texakoma is the 11th largest Coal Bed Methane producer in the State of New Mexico for the year of 2003. To see the rankings, click here.
- Texakoma ranked among the top gas producers in the entire Rocky Mountain Region
- Texakoma begins 36-well drilling schedule in Forest County, Pennsylvania
1997 marked the beginning of a 36-well drilling schedule in Forest County, Pennsylvania.
- Drilling focus in San Juan Basin area of New Mexico
From 1993 to 2004, Texakoma focuses drilling efforts in San Juan Basin area of New Mexico.
- Cherokee Well drilled in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma
Still producing over 30 years later.
- Formation Texakoma Oil and Gas Corporation (“TOGC”)
TOGC, formed in 1982, drilled and operated 233 wells in states such as New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania (TRRC Operator #844185) until the company and its primary asset, natural gas production and acreage in the San Juan Basin, New Mexico, were acquired by POGO Producing Co. (listed NYSE company) in December 2004. Following the sale of TOGC in 2004, the management and staff of TOGC remained and continued to pursue its core mission and business objectives through two newly formed companies: Texakoma Exploration & Production, LLC and Texakoma Operating, LP.
To learn more about news on Texakoma, including articles on the sale of TOGC, click here.
1“Texakoma Group” includes Texakoma Oil and Gas Corporation (sold in 2004), Texakoma Exploration & Production, LLC and Texakoma Operating, LP. Texakoma Financial, Inc. is an affiliate of the Texakoma Group.